martes, 24 de agosto de 2010

Long day

Tuesday, 24 August, 2010

It was a long day for me today.
First of all we took the shuttle to the campus and we opened a bank account at Chavy Chase Bank, we deposited 100 dollars and we were all given a T-shirt. (I got two). After that we had the first official meeting with Roberta Lavine our mentor and adviser, she told us about the course she would be delivering the next week about Methodology. After this meeting we were taken to McKeldin library to see how it works and to learn how effectively use library resources at the university, we have not obtained the UMD card yet, which will be useful to consult online bibliography for our projects.
This evening, I spent the whole night trying to find a course that could suit me and finally I sent a mail to Roberta asking her to be admitted in her course.