lunes, 11 de octubre de 2010

Class about Argentina


Monday, October 11, 2010
Today at MLK Middle School there was a young lady who was presenting some material from our country, she had been invited by the school to introduce Argentina to students who are taking Spanish as a subject. I was invited to participate in the presentation explaining  to them some customs of our country and of course I also spoke about barbecue, which is considered our specialty. They were interested in the topic , asked questions and participated. They also listened to tango and folklore. In the end, I taught them a short poem and they recited it after me. “En el cielo las estrellas, en el campo las espinas y en el medio de mi pecho, la Republica Argentina”. Very simple but they enjoyed and learnt it immediately, the presenter adopted the poem  and used it  with the five other classes that came up during the day.
As part of the activities of the day, I interviewed Ms. Robin Wiltison, the principal of MLK. My questions were related to the use of technology at school and she answered that this issue was a priority in her school.